Etiquette tips to serve well a wine in a restaurantBack
Etiquette tips to serve well a wine in a restaurant
When someone serves you a wine in a restaurant, mind and requires compliance with the following ritual (only if you want).
1. Wine list: Ask for it and have a look. If you are not used or you find difficult to decide, ask for advice from the sumiller to recommend you a wine, according to the dishes to taste, the best option. And look at the prizes and sizes of bottles, for not having a surprise.
2. Presentation of the bottle sealed: the bottle without open must be presented to the host for its approval. Make you sure that the wine is the same that it was asking for.
3. Open the wine: To open the wine follow these steps:
• Pull the top part of the capsule out, cutting around below the lip of the bottle. This could be done with a foil cutter or a sharp knife.
• Clean the neck of the bottle with a clean cloth.
• Take the cork out. There are several kinds of corkscrews, although the most important thing is to take the corck out softly and clean without breaking it.
• Clean the neck of the bottle again, inside and outside.
4. Taste the wine: It serves a bit of wine in the glass of the host to taste it.
5. Serve to the diners: Only when the host have tasted and approved the wine it proceeds to fill the glasses of the rest of the guests, long before you finish filling the host.
A good professional will never fill the glasses more than two thirds, because that prevents the total appreciation of the characteristics of the wine.
6. Enjoy the wine: It is time to make a toast and enjoy of tasting a wine in the company of the close friends and a good dish.
Wines out of D. O.,